Gothenburg High School celebrated Spirit week last week in anticipation of CORONA-tion 2021, a week of fun that culminated with the crowning of Jake Scherer and Chiara Richeson as the Coronation King and Queen at the conclusion of the Swede basketball games against Sindey.
Friday, Jan. 22 was jam-packed with fun, beginning with a pep rally where candidates and class representatives participated in blind-folded musical chairs and hungry-hungry hippo.
At halftime of the boys’ basketball game, Swede Cheerleaders honored their parents and performed a routine before their state performance in February.
The Swede band played at both games, a treat for all those who attended.
- Finding the missing piece: Local group starts new craze from a historical hobby
- Resilience: it's not for the faint of heart
- Second quarter run spells trouble for Lady Swedes
- Covid pandemic is not our first rodeo
- Local Y teams up with Camp Comeca for special events
- Child care crisis affects us all
- Former County Sheriff honored for work in murder case
- Youngest stars have a chance to shine on stage
- GROW GOTHENBURG: Couple shares passion for preserving the land that feeds the world
- On the right track
- Local businesses partner to show appreciation
- GROW GOTHENBURG: Pioneering a fresh take on ag diversity
- Eagle grappler grabs the gold
- Council approves agreement to move forward with housing plan
- Opinions don’t belong in news journalism
- Low unemployment causes workforce dilemma statewide
- Lady Swedes ready for defensive battle vs Warriors
- Mendez, Libich take on State wrestling field
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our breaking news? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!