In response to the Governor' s updated Directed Health Measures, Mayor Joyce Hudson has announced some changes in the operations for the City of Gothenburg. The changes include measures to begin reopening programs and facilities in a safe and efficient manner. Following are the changes announced:
• Starting June 1, City Council, Planning and Zoning and other public meetings will be conducted live in the City Council Chambers with social distancing measures in place.
• The City Hall lobby will be opened June 1st with Directed Health Measures in place for non-routine interactions such as building permits, new billing customers, etc. Citizens are still encouraged to use electronic payment or the drop-off box for returning utility payments.
• Playground equipment in the parks will be open for play on June 1. Families are encouraged to practice physical distancing in using the playground equipment to assure safety.
• Camping at Lafayette Park will be open to all campers as of June 15. However, bathroom facilities and some public areas will be closed until Directed Health Measures are relaxed.
• The City Pool will be open on June 16 with physical distancing guidelines in place.